Aventura, FL 33180
About Patrick Hourani
Dr. Hourani received his medical training at the University of Florida College of Medicine. He then completed his post-graduate training in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Medicine and Interventional Cardiology at the Mount Sinai Medical Center of the Icahn School of Medicine and at the Montefiore Medical Center of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, where he was the chief resident of his program.
Dr. Hourani performs coronary angiography and intervention via both radial (through the wrist) and femoral (through the leg) access points. He uses advanced interventional techniques, including orbital and rotational coronary atherectomy, and treats chronic total occlusions. He maintains board certifications in Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Medicine and Internal Medicine. He also holds board certifications in Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, and Vascular Ultrasonography. This combination of diagnostic and interventional expertise allows Dr. Hourani to advise patients on personalized, effective strategies to maximize their cardiac health and longevity. He supports the effort of every patient to maintain a heart-healthy lifestyle, no matter what his or her state of cardiovascular health may be.
Dr. Hourani has presented research at scientific meetings including the American College of Cardiology, the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention, the Heart Failure Society of America, and the American College of Physicians. Hisscientific work has focused on the use of intracoronary pressure measurements during cardiac catheterization and on medical treatments for heart failure across ethnicities.
University of Florida College of Medicine
Certifications & Memberships
Procedures & Conditions
- Coronary angiography and intervention
- Right heart catheterization
- Peripheral angiography and intervention
- Transesophageal echocardiography (performance and interpretation)
- Transthoracic echocardiography (performance and interpretation)
- Exercise and pharmacologic EKG stress testing (performance and interpretation)
- Exercise and pharmacologic echocardiographic stress testing (performance and interpretation)
- Exercise and pharmacologic myocardial perfusion imaging stress testing (nuclear stress testing) (performance and interpretation)
- Vascular ultrasonography (interpretation)
- Central venous line placement
- Temporary transvenous pacemaker placement
Miami-Dade Cardiology Consultants, LLC
21097 NE 27 Ct.
Aventura, FL 33180
Phone: (305) 792-0012
Fax: (305) 792-0030
Mon - Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm